Security professional with many years of experience with the practical application of cryptographic algorithms and protocols. I've helped with the design of protocols and API's within international standardization bodies. Over 30 years of general experience with computers, starting with MSX Basic at an early age. I've developed in Java for as long as the language exists (Kotlin is looking good too). I consider myself a polyglot though, and have learned many computer languages since my Computer Science study.
On the Crypto site I pride myself in giving easy to understand answers on questions relatively low on math. I'll never match the mathematical prowess of some of my peers, but a more practical answer is often called for. And as my picture indicates there isn't that much that escapes my attention. This also results in a relatively high amount of comments and edits. As of 2018 I got elected as moderator on the crypto site - which mainly means I have to keep re-evaluating myself, especially when it comes to closing questions.
My picture displays an owl behind a keyboard, staring through the screen at you. The owl probably is an eagle owl or little owl - depending on his mood. I can get a bit snarky when I'm confronted by somebody acting non-professionally.
In my head
Member for 6 years
0 profile views
Last seen May 5 '20 at 20:13
- Stack Overflow 81.4k 81.4k 1313 gold badges124124 silver badges228228 bronze badges
- CryptographyMod 79.9k 79.9k 1212 gold badges128128 silver badges276276 bronze badges
- Information Security 4.3k 4.3k 1414 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Code Review 3.9k 3.9k 1212 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Super User 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 156 What are the differences between .pem, .csr, .key, .crt and other such file extensions?
- 113 What are the differences between .pem, .cer and .der?
- 112 What is the difference between PKCS#5 padding and PKCS#7 padding
- 95 View past notifications
- 89 What is the difference between PKCS#5 padding and PKCS#7 padding
- 76 Byte and char conversion in Java
- 71 SecureRandom with NativePRNG vs SHA1PRNG
- View more network posts →