I have a degree in Linguistics, but I work as a programmer. Most of my expertise about English is self-taught, plus lots of random trivia I've acquired here and there.
This is my favorite EL&U comment ever:
This isn't really a question about English so much as a question about hugs. Source
Member for 9 years, 2 months
2 profile views
Last seen Jan 18 '12 at 2:48
- English Language & Usage 51.6k 51.6k 1313 gold badges148148 silver badges203203 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 37.6k 37.6k 1313 gold badges9393 silver badges149149 bronze badges
- Writing 6.5k 6.5k 2626 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 6k 6k 55 gold badges2929 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Area 51 2.8k 2.8k 33 gold badges11 silver badge1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 570 Did English ever have a formal version of "you"?
- 179 Show current assembly instruction in GDB
- 163 When "etc." is at the end of a phrase, do you place a period after it?
- 137 How many tenses are there in English?
- 122 Which is correct, "you and I" or "you and me"?
- 95 What is the correct possessive for nouns ending in "‑s"?
- 95 int array to string
- View more network posts →