I've written software for everything from network equipment to Apache helicopters. Now writing enterprise platform software in Scala, with some tools in Python, my eighth and ninth languages I've used professionally.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA256 I am kbielefe (https://keybase.io/kbielefe) on keybase and https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/users/3965/karl-bielefeldt. -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- iHUEARYIAB0WIQRO4OkSJEJGkICeDn3PLgn5fJxAiwUCWyD4CAAKCRDPLgn5fJxA iyYqAQCbs9NSs37Q6B7Jcko/tWx9ZajQw89pwefvL6klAtIW8QEAtbqxoCCVJRu8 6of2y1QHLaO8/KYpMKB3slIxNAEsigQ= =S1OL -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Huntsville, AL, USA
Member for 8 years, 9 months
60 profile views
Last seen Aug 1 '19 at 22:47
- Software Engineering 126.2k 126.2k 3434 gold badges231231 silver badges431431 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 37.1k 37.1k 77 gold badges5353 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- Parenting 34.7k 34.7k 99 gold badges5959 silver badges162162 bronze badges
- The Workplace 13.1k 13.1k 33 gold badges2323 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 1.7k 1.7k 1111 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1117 Is there any way to git checkout previous branch?
- 525 Is it rude to leave an interview early if you have already made your decision?
- 275 Dealing with reactions from colleague about being self-taught
- 251 How do you write unit tests for code with difficult to predict results?
- 201 Is it always a best practice to write a function for anything that needs to repeat twice?
- 180 Is there such a thing as having too many unit tests?
- 167 How do quick & dirty programmers know they got it right?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (22)
10 Stepping down as moderator Apr 18 '15
9 Are questions about marriage on topic? Apr 1 '13
8 Moderators Wanted - Apply Inside! Dec 31 '13
8 what to do about overreaching moderation? Nov 13 '15
6 What is our policy on product suggestions? Feb 26 '14
6 Mandatory Reporters May 18 '11
5 What experts do we want to attract, and how? Dec 10 '11