I'm looking for some volunteers that are willing to step up and help lead this community through its final stretch to graduation. What will I do? Who should apply? Well, I'm glad you asked!
About the job:
Parenting SE is still in beta, but it is a very established, mature and friendly community as far as betas go. As a moderator here, you won't have to process as many flags as you might on other sites. Your job is mostly:
- Help this community reach consensus on important issues where there's a clear divide
- Help the community maintain the site using your new found super powers
- Help the community continue to promote the site, and keep an eye on its health through the tools you'll have access to as a moderator
- Communicate the needs of this community directly to us at Stack Exchange, you'll have our ear for anything you might need
- Be ready to spend a few hours per week on average doing moderator sorts of things
Who should apply?
- Consistently patient, fair and level-headed
- Inspired by our theory of moderation
- Able to contribute a few hours of time each week on average
- Enthused about this community and where it's going
- Reasonably knowledgeable about parenting, as far as our major tags go
- Finding that you want the responsibility of being a moderator
... then you should definitely nominate yourself by writing an answer to this post indicating that you're interested, and why you'd like to be a moderator. Feel free to include as much information as you'd like, anything relevant to moderation on the site is fine.
Remember, this is a strictly volunteer activity. We know that folks have lives, taking a break whenever you need to is perfectly fine. All we ask is that you let us know if you think you might be gone for an extended amount of time. No part of the job is compulsory.
Think this might be for you? Nominate yourself below, and I look forward to working with (at least) two of you! If you have any questions about the job, feel free to leave a comment :)
Thank you, to all that applied
We're extremely grateful to all that volunteered their time to help lead this community on the last leg of its journey to graduation. Thank you, everyone, for your desire to pitch in.
Karl Bielefeldt and balanced mama have been appointed, and are already doing a fantastic job at their posts. Our thanks to both of them for stepping up to help!